Labor & Employment Law Mid-Year Update 2009
2009 has brought numerous developments in labor and employment involving legislation, enforcement activity and court decisions. Please join our experienced attorneys for an informative and lively discussion regarding recent activity & developments in labor & employment law.
Our seminars will feature informative discussions on, among other topics:
- Workplace discrimination
- I-9s and immigration law enforcement
- Same sex marriage
- Enforceability of arbitration agreements
- "Me-Too" evidence in discrimination cases
- Disability discrimination and accommodation of disabilities
- Defamation in the employment context
- Settlement of class actions
- Protecting intellectual property
- And many more cutting-edge developments in labor and employment law, including wage and hour class actions
Registration & Materials $50
Registration and Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
September 22, 2009
Hyatt Regency La Jolla
3777 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92122
Speakers: William V. Whelan, Carole M. Ross, and Matthew S. McConnell
September 23, 2009
Westin South Coast Plaza
686 Anton Boulevard, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Speakers: Greg S. Labate and Matthew M. Sonne
Questions? Contact Melissa Omphroy email@example.com 415.774.2997.
This program is pending approval for 2.5 hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2.5 hours of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.