What’s Happening and When in 2010
Last year brought many changes in labor and employment law. Expect more of the same in 2010. Join our experienced attorneys for an informative breakfast discussing all of the hot topics that will affect you and your employees:
My head hurts… the new laws in effect in 2010:
- Alternative workweek schedule amendments
- New Cal-COBRA notice requirements
- New wage withholding tables
- Workers’ compensation coverage for third-party torts
- Increased workers’ compensation penalties
- Limits on employer’s ability to rescind medical treatment authorization
- No increase in computer professional salary for exemption purposes
Them again? What the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement is up to:
- Vacation/sick leave developments
- Salary Basis test
You mean there’s more? Additional topics include:
- NLRB Update
- Social Media/Networking/Privacy Advice and Issues: Your company and Facebook, Twitter, and "Astroturfing"
- Caregivers’ Leave under the FMLA
- Independent Contractors and the Rehabilitation Act
- New rules concerning non-compete agreements
- What is looming on the horizon?
And many more cutting-edge developments in labor and employment law, including wage and hour class actions.
Registration & Materials $50
Registration and Breakfast 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Questions? Please contact us for more information: Melissa Omphroy, (415) 774-2997 – firstname.lastname@example.org
HRCI Credit: This program is pending approval for 2.5 hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
MCLE Credit: This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2.5 hours of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.