Join our Sheppard Mullin attorneys as they discuss recent important developments in labor and employment law at both the state and federal level. We will explain how these new developments will affect the day-to-day decisions made by business owners, in-house counsel and human resource professionals. We will also discuss the current trends in employment litigation and how employers can protect themselves from liability in the workplace.
We will cover numerous topics, including but not limited to:
Discrimination & Wrongful Termination
- Discipline for conduct caused by a disability
- Disability leaves of absence: how long is too long?
- 100% workers’ compensation disability rating: what does it mean for your duty to accommodate?
- Help protect your company against a discrimination class action Arbitration Agreements
- Best practices to help ensure your arbitration agreement is enforced
- Class action waivers, including the recent Supreme Court decision in AT&T Mobility
- Risks and benefits of arbitration
Wage & Hour
- Overtime law for non-California residents
- Overtime for nonexempt employees paid a salary
- Reporting time pay
- How the DOL may be helping your employees sue you!
- Split shift premiums
This seminar will be informative and interactive. Our attorneys will stay after the presentation to answer all of your important legal questions.
Registration & Materials $25
Registration and Breakfast 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
September 13, 2011
The Santa Barbara Club
1105 Chapala Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Speakers: Jeffrey Dinkin and Aaron Heisler
September 14, 2011
Hyatt Regency La Jolla
3777 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92122
Speakers: David Chidlaw, Samantha Hardy and Carole Ross
September 21, 2011
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
333 South Hope Street, 47th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071
Speakers: Ronda Jamgotchian and Jason Kearnaghan
October 5, 2011
Westin South Coast Plaza
686 Anton Boulevard, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Speakers: Greg Labate, Jonathan Stoler, Eric Raphan and Matthew Sonne
Questions? Contact Melissa Omphroy firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 774-2997.
HRCI Credit: This program is approved for 2 (California) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 2012).
MCLE Credit: This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2.0 hours of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.