Presented by Jason Kearnaghan, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Please join Sheppard Mullin for our monthly webinar series educating entrepreneurs and emerging companies on the key legal issues they face during the growth of their companies. These complimentary 1-hour webinars are held through WebEx on the third Thursday of the month at noon. They will have both an audio and PowerPoint component. Please join us for our next webinar on November 15th!
This webinar will highlight key employment law issues for emerging companies, including:
Determining if you or other founders are bound by restrictive covenants (are you allowed to solicit former co-workers?)
– What not to take with you when you leave to start a new company
– Agreements that you should put in place with all new employees
– Ensuring at-will employment
– Getting it right with bonus and commission plans
– Identifying the federal and state laws that apply to your new company as you grow and complying with them
– Proper classification of employees and other wage and hour issues
– And more!
Topic: Employment Basics for Start-ups
Date: Thursday, November 15, 2012
Time: 11:30 am, Pacific Standard Time (San Francisco, GMT-08:00)
Meeting Number: 716 048 184
Meeting Password: (This meeting does not require a password.)
To start or join the online meeting
Go to https://soundpath.webex.com/soundpath/j.php?ED=186007497&UID=490893082&RT=MiM0
Call-in toll-free number: 1-800-901-9719 (US)
Call-in number: 1-719-234-0260 (US)
Host access code: 741 613 1
Attendee access code: 741613
1. Go to https://soundpath.webex.com/soundpath/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support". To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://soundpath.webex.com/soundpath/j.php?ED=186007497&UID=490893082&ICS=MS&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=
To check whether you have the appropriate players installed for UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files, go to https://soundpath.webex.com/soundpath/systemdiagnosis.php
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. You should inform all meeting attendees prior to recording if you intend to record the meeting. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.
This seminar complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 1.0 hour of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider. MCLE attendance certificates will be distributed following the webinar.